3/23/10

4 LEMON CHICKEN

This recipe called for a whole chicken but I chose to use chicken breast as my family prefer the white meat.

It turned out really good. I felt it was a touch dry but my husband loved it and gave it a 9.

He wanted me to note however, that he does enjoy his meat dryer than most. My daughter, Falon gave it a 6 because she would prefer to have the lemon flavor throughout the chicken rather than just on the outside. I tend to agree with her.

Average rating: 7.3/10 (three people)

LEMON CHICKEN RECIPE
(from WW SLOW GOOD cook book)

3 garlic cloves - minced
1 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
1.5 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp salt (I left this out)
.25 tsp fresh ground pepper
1 (3lb) whole chicken (I used 2lbs skinless breasts)
.25 cup reduced sodium chicken broth
3 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
1 tsp grated lemon zest (I used 2 tsp)

1 Combine garlic, oil, oregano, salt and pepper
2 Rub half of above mixture on the meat under the skin
3 Rub remaining mixture in cavity of chicken (I rubbed it all over)
4 Spray skillet with PAM, add chicken, cook until brown, turn often
5 Transfer to slow-cooker
6 Add broth to skillet, boil, stirring to scrape bits off bottom of pan
7 Add 1 tbsp lemon juice to broth
8 Pour broth over the chicken
9 Cover and cook 3-4 hours on high or 6-8 hours on low
10 20 minutes before time is up, combine 2 Tbsp lemon juice and zest
11 Pour lemon mixture into cooker,
12 Cover and cook on high until fragrant (approx. 15 min.)

Serving Size: 4 ounces
WW Points Value: 4

No comments:

Post a Comment